Thursday, February 12, 2009

shake it.


I have always been a fan of avocados. Always. So, I was not surprised that I found myself enjoying avocado slices adorning my tuna sandwich. Not only was it a delightful enhancement to the sandwich, it was also aesthetically pleasing. A little pop of green to add to the almagamate of tuna and mayonaise. I'm a big fan.


So, I was perusing the Trib today and found myself salvating at the sound of an avocado shake. http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/food/chi-0204-avocado-shakefeb04,0,3636899.story . There are many ways to eat the mild-mannered avocado. I've found myself cutting it in half and sprinkling it with some tasty seasoning, whipping up a batch of guacamole or adding to salads, sandwiches, etc. Needless to say, I am quite excited to try it as a drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment