Wednesday, March 11, 2009

the pic.



So, many of us are guilty of taking pictures of ourselves and posting them on Facebook or MySpace. You know...the one you actually took of yourself but cleverly disguised it as another's doing. The up-close shot of you looking away into the abyss, acting unaware of this photograph being taken by your own hand. I'm guilty of this and not ashamed. In fact, I find these photos to be hilarious...and flattering as hell.


What isn't flattering are those pictures that you suddenly get a notification of on your newsfeed. You know the line: "So-and-so has tagged you in a picture". My instant reaction is to click on the link and investigate this photo. Most of the time these pictures aren't so bad and can actually become the "profile picture" but there are always a few that come back to bite you in the ass. It is at these times that I "detag" myself and hope they will just go away or noone else will notice it is me.


So what do you do when someone "tags" you in a photo and continues this process even after you've "un-tagged" yourself? Well, no matter how you try to shake it, there is a simple lesson to be learned (which I found from reading: http://www.slate.com/id/2212301/): "You can never be too cool for your past." This may be sad and true, but I will continue to "detag" myself from any unflattering pictures...even if it means receiving snarky, yet true, comments or the possible loss of a Facebook friend.








No comments:

Post a Comment